Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Galilee

If I had to pick one place to stay for the rest of eternity....it might be Galilee. Our first stop was Mount Arbel. From the top, you could look out at the entire Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Magdala, and Tiberias. I sat there in silence listening to my New Testament teacher, and I was slowly crept over by an all-encompassing sense of peace. I knew just looking over the waters at the land that Christ loved that this place would be a highlight of my trip and that it would probably change my heart. And it definitely did. 

When I was thinking about what to write, I thought about all the jokes I could make about how I sat on the beach while my friends and family were freezing, or telling about each and every stop. But that was honestly not what's most important to me. Looking back now that Galilee has come and gone, I know that I probably won't remember most of the places that I went to. Eventually I'll forget the facts and names, but I will never forget the feelings they gave me and what I learned. I know more than I've ever known in my life, with a constantly growing testimony, that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He sacrificed all that I could return to my Father and become like Him. He knows me personally and perfectly. He knows you. I know with my whole heart that we can trust our wise Father. God is at the helm, and He knows how to guide and direct us to make us into everything we can be. He knows how to make so much more from us than we ever could. Galilee has stolen a piece of my heart forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment