Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Serious and Not-So-Serious Philosophizing

Turkey was actually a really great thought-sorter for me. I learned a lot about myself and about the nature of our Father in Heaven. Most of the details I’m going to keep to myself (aka not on the internet haha), but it has to be noted that my time here has changed me. More random hodge-podge of thoughts….. I’m learning that I really do want to work with people for the rest of my life. A couple of students got pretty sick for a day or two during our travels, and I really wanted to help them get feeling better. I like taking care of people! Turkey and Jerusalem have lit another flame inside of me too. I want to travel and see as much of the world as I possibly can. I love seeing how people everywhere are guided by love and commitment. The world is a beautiful place!


Shout-out to my roommate!!  I learned a lot from Jessica this trip too. I laugh so much with her and am so comfortable sharing all of who I am. And wow she is smart! I’m going to have to start running every time she buys something delicious because if I so much as look at it, she insists on sharing. We’re talking cracker shoved in my face like Iago J Goofy side story:  I was having a rough day on Friday, but I was trying to hide it a little. However, I told her some of how I was feeling…cause she’s a great friend/listener and I hadn’t seen her in like 30 hours! I entertained myself by playing the “what dessert is perfect for your mood?” game that I play all the time with Dad. So I get back on the bus feeling a little headachy, and I turn around to see an ice cream cone in my face that “mysteriously” was sent to me.  It was so simple, but I appreciated it so much! I am determined to learn how to notice the little things to help others like she does. We are planning a Nacho Libre, crème brule, shake, picture swapping adventure in the winter….and I’m excited. Seriously, Jessica is the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment