Sunday, October 13, 2013

Türkiye 10/6/13 –10/12/13

I love Turkey! It is a beautiful country, and I’m so grateful that we had the opportunity to visit there. Jeru students usually go to Egypt, but the administration has been sending people to Turkey instead while Egypt is in an uproar. Most of us were expecting a second rate trip, but I’m actually really glad we visited Turkey instead. We got to see so many interesting places in the cool beauty. Turkey was a lot greener that Jerusalem and reminded me a little bit of Georgia in areas. I physically ached sometimes looking out from the sites. So much history grew from here. It was amazing to see so many mosques all over (Turkey is 98% Muslim) the cities, each with their own style. Details will follow. :)


We were so spoiled. Our hotels were beautiful and full-on RESORTS! We had hotels with beaches around the Aegean Sea and buffets fit for a king. And oh my heck, the BAKLAVA! I have to learn to make this stuff or I’m not going to make it back in the States. My tour guide, Necip, was the best! He was always happy, fun, and patient when we were slow or goofy. We sang Silent iPod Karaoke on the bus and swapped great stories. My favorite was his story about how he met his wife. He told us that out of all the things he has seen, his favorite is absolutely his family. It was actually a big testimony building experience. This is a wonderful people. I was so privileged to join them for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment